Frequently Asked Questions
A. Which Psychology Module is For Me?
- What Psychology module should I take?
- What is the difference between a BA and a BSc Honours Specialization in Psychology?
- What is the difference between a BA/BSc Honours Specialization in Psychology and a Double Major Honors Degree?
B. What Do I Need to Get Into Psychology Modules at UWO and How Do I apply?
- Do I need a Grade 12 Mathematics course if I wish to pursue a Psychology Major or Honours Specialization at Western?
- How do I apply for entry into a module in Psychology, such as a Major, a Minor or one of the Honours Specializations?
- It states a minimum of a 70% is necessary to apply for entry to an Honors Specialization in Psychology. I have an average higher than 70%, so why was I not admitted?
- I want to be in an Honours Specialization, but I was not admitted this year. What do I do?
C. I’m Having a Problem Registering for Courses
- Why am I getting an error message when I try to register for Psychology courses?
- How do I get special permission to take a course?
- I want to add a course, but it is full. Is there a possibility I can still register for the course?
- I have a Statistics course from another department. How will this affect my Psychology module requirements?
D. I’m in an Honors Specialization module and I Have to Do a Thesis in Fourth Year. What Does This Mean?
E. I Want to Go to Graduate School in Psychology. What Do I Need to Know?
- What do I need to get into a graduate program in Psychology?
- How would I benefit from early research experience outside of the classroom?
Psychology Transfer of Credit