SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships: Doctoral Scholarships and SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships
Deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 to SSC 7406. Prepare the online application on the SSHRC website then print the application, sign the form and submit it to SSC 7406 by the deadline.
Information for Researchers working in Health and Psychology. NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR define their subject eligibility and mandate that student researchers apply to only one Federal Agency, i.e., you can apply to NSERC OR SSHRC OR CIHR. Selecting the Appropriate Federal Granting Agency.
CONRON HALL GENERAL INFORMATION SESSIONS. Always same time, same place, 2nd Floor University College 4:30pm-6:00pm. Active applicants, as well as any interested students in any year, in any career, are encouraged to attend! No registration required.
* Thursday, SEP.26 - NSERC & SSHRC Doctoral Scholarship Competitions
* Monday, SEP.30 - Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's Competition
SSHRC offers two types of award for doctoral-level study.
- SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships;
- Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) Program: Doctoral Scholarships.
You apply for both awards by completing one application form and submitting it to the Psychology Graduate Program Office (Room 7406 SSC) by the deadline. See below for more information and the deadline. For information about other awards, scroll down further on this SSHRC website.
Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships are valued at $35,000 per annum for 36 months.
SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships are valued at $20,000 per annum for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months.
Deadline: Noon, Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Submit the following documentation to the Psychology Graduate Program Office, SSC 7406 by the above deadline.
For information about other SSHRC awards, scroll down further on this SSHRC website.
1. The Transcript: One official transcript for all non-Western undergraduate and graduate work completed thus far. Do not order Western transcripts! The Department of Psychology will print unofficial Western transcripts for internal review. Western's SGPS will ensure that official transcripts will be added to those applications forwarded to SSHRC. Here's more information about ordering transcripts.
2. The "Letter of Appraisal" form: Go to the SSHRC/CGS website and download the Letter of Appraisal form and guidelines. As soon as possible, send the appraisal form and guidelines to two faculty who know your work. They can submit the completed appraisal form directly to Val Van Domelen, Room 7406 SSC by the deadline above.
Out of town referees? If your referees are from outside London, perhaps they could FIRST fax the form to Val Van Domelen at 519-661-3961 THEN they place the original in Canada Post or IUTS at the mailing address below.
3. The Application Form: Again, go to the SSHRC/CGS website follow their instructions on completing the online application form. Ensure that each page is identified with your name in the box in the upper right hand corner.
Avoid these common errors:
- ensure correct committee code;
- page 3: months in PhD at expected start date;
- page 4: add current degree with expected completion date;
- New in 2012. Please include a completed, printed and signed Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information form.
Additional pages should be presented according to these specifications:
• Typed or word processed, single-sided, on 8 1/2" X 11" (21.5 cm X 28 cm),
• Single-spaced, with no more than six lines of type per inch
• Body text in a minimum 12 pt Times New Roman font
• Single-spaced, with no more than 6 lines of type per inch
• All margins set at a minimum of 3/4" (1.87 cm)
• your name appears within the set margins at the top right corner of every
• Pages numbered consecutively following the last page of your application
4. Submit the Application: After you've completed the form, print it and be sure to SIGN it. Collect the envelopes (two letters of appraisal and transcript[s]) and submit them with your signed application form to Val Van Domelen in Room 7406 as soon as you can or not later than noon on Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
5. Departmental and Institutional Appraisal Form: The Psychology Graduate Program's Graduate Selection Committee (a group of three to five Psychology faculty) will review all applications and prepare each Departmental and Institutional Appraisal Form. Complete and eligible applications (i.e., 80% in each of the last two years) will be submitted to Western's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for their review. Some time in the fall, applicants will be notified about whether or not their application has been forwarded to Western's SGPS.
6. Final Steps: Western's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) will review all the Western SSHRC/CGS applications and forward some of the applications to SSHRC. Western's SGPS will announce their decisions to Western's SSHRC applicants in February 2014. SSHRC will review all applications they receive, determine who will receive a SSHRC Doctoral Scholarship and notify applicants in June, 2014.
Questions? Contact the Psychology Graduate Program Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete mailing address:
Val Van Domelen
Department of Psychology
Room 7406, Social Science Centre
The University of Western Ontario
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5C2
Also from this web page: