NSERC USRA Summer 2021 Program
The deadline for applications for the NSERC USRA Summer 2021 Program for the Department of Psychology is Friday, January 22, 2021. Application materials must be submitted electronically to Kim Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on this date.
NSERC requires that students be registered in a Bachelor’s degree program at an eligible university in at least one of the 2 terms immediately prior to the award. Therefore, undergraduate students who wish to hold an NSREC USRA in the Summer of 2021 have to have been a registered student in either Fall of 2020, or Winter of 2021, or both.
Finding a Supervisor:
Students applying to this program must have their application sponsored by a faculty member from the Psychology Department. These faculty sponsors must have funding available to support the required student stipend, and each faculty supervisor may sponsor one application.
Undergraduate students wishing to apply to this Program should contact potential supervisors directly well in advance of the deadline. Successful applicants in Psychology will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic Record
- Research Aptitude
- Expected Quality of Training to be Received
The faculty below have indicated that they are interested in sponsoring applications for Summer 2021. Further details on these researchers and other potential supervisors not listed below can be found here - http://psychology.uwo.ca/people/faculty/fulltime.html.
NSERC USRA Summer 2021 Psychology Faculty Supervisors:
Dr. Daniel Ansari
Dr. Laura Batterink
Dr. Lindsay Bodell
Dr. Blake Butler
Dr. Jessica Grahn
Dr. Ingrid Johnsrude
Dr. Stefan Kohler
Dr. Scott MacDougall-Shackleton
Dr. Paul Minda
Dr. Bruce Morton
Dr. Marieke Mur
Dr. John Sakaluk
Dr. Susanne Schmid
Dr. Ryan Stevenson
Once a student and faculty supervisor reach agreement on a possible summer project, students must complete the following:
- Login or register using the NSERC Online System
- Complete Part I of Form 202 using the NSERC Online System. Instructions are available on the NSERC website.
- Upload a copy of your most recent Academic Record, accurate to December 31, 2020 to the NSERC Online System. Western students can request the Academic Record from Kim Baxter at email@example.com. Students from other universities completing a USRA at Western must upload official transcripts, including their university legend.
- Consent Form for Access to Student Record Form
Submission of Application:
Applications must be submitted to Kim Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Friday, January 22, 2021 and must include the following materials:
- Form 202 Parts I and II (The faculty supervisor is required to complete Form 202 Part II on the NSERC Online System.)
- Consent Form for Access to Student Record
- Signed Stipend Form. (This can be obtained from the faculty supervisor. The only signature required on this Form is that of the faculty supervisor.)
- Academic Record, accurate to December 31, 2020
- CV or resume outlining prior research experience
Additional information on the NSERC USRA Program and application process: