The Mood Research Lab is looking for students to join their Research Assistant Team for fall 2017 (with the option of extending the position into the winter 2018 semester). The Mood Research Lab runs experiment and questionnaire–based studies conducted by researchers at the institution. Volunteers are needed to schedule participants into sessions and to help run the study (e.g., setting up the programs, providing instructions, answering participants’ questions). Additional responsibilities may arise over the course of the semester/year depending on what occurs in the lab (e.g., coding, data sorting, etc.).
No previous Research Assistant experience necessary, just a willingness to learn.
- Undergraduate student at Western University or one of its affiliates
- Committed to volunteering 8-10 hours minimum per week (typically two 4-hour shifts per week)
- Must be available for fall 2017 term
- Reliable and dependable
- Desire to learn and develop new skills
- Good organization and time-management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office (additional experience with programs such as SONA are an asset)
To apply, please send an email with a short description of why you want to join the Mood Research Lab, and attach a resume/CV, an unofficial transcript, and a copy of your weekly availability to Jennifer Gillies at email@example.com.
Apply by Monday, September 25, 2017.